knitster79

Random Utterances, Rabbit Trails, and Reminiscences . . . basically, things that begin with "R"

Wednesday, October 3

finally finished












I finally finished the Jubi-purse. Did I mention I got over-zealous? I have absolutely no sense of depth perception. No, seriously. I actually thought that a 12"x12"x6" bag was going to be the right size for a 3ft child. Silly me. She can almost participate in a potato sack race in this thing. She really does love it though because she can fill it up with toys and carry them from room to room.

I made the front, bottom, and back all as one piece and then made the sides and sewed them on with mattress stitch. The bottom was done in seed stitch so it would hold its shape and be really sturdy. Go me! I used to different types of baby yarn (white & white/rainbow). It looks fabulous. I have put on handles but don't have any pictures of that yet.

The top of the bag was really floppy from when I did my cast-off so I ended up having to crochet around the top. I used fuzzy pink yarn but you'll just have to see that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home